Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tammy and Jen's CHA Adventure Comes to an End

 It's now been a week since we came home from CHA, and I'm finally able to absorb all that I saw and learned. Seeing that much crafty inspiration has had our brains in overload mode. One of the things that stood out for me was the mixed media techniques that were showing up on pages, canvas and altered art, which had me digging out my glues, mists and glitter to see if I could get some of the same looks. Let's just say I'll need some more practice ;) I did learn something cool you could do with CraftWorkCards Candi.

 The owner of the company showed me how to make these wonderful flowers using the Candi by gluing down one piece onto a 1'' punched circle in the center and then placing a bead of glue around the Candi piece and tucking pieces of the Candi around the center in a spiral pattern until you have the size of flower you want. For the center take three-five pieces, fold in half and snip off a corner so you can glue the snipped side onto the center piece to get the bud of the flower. For the leaves slightly pinch one side of the Candi piece to give a point and adhere just under your flower.

Some of the products that I found were really popular were thin dies like Spellbinders, Lifestyle Crafts, CheeryLynn Designs. Die Cutting in general was very popular. There was no shortage of people at the Ellison(Sizzix), Spellbinders, Cricut and  Tim Holtz Alterations booths.

Stamps are still very popular with companies producing stamps that go with dies and co-ordinating with paper lines and of course the ever popular stamps for coloring like Magnolia, The Greeting Farm Stamps, Tim Holtz's new line of Alterations stamps, La Blanche and many more.


 Magnolia
 Just-rite Stamps and Spellbinders
 I want this :)
This is a guide to stamp around from Inkadinkado, it comes with a block that fits into the slots, and you can use different stamps to get different looks.

 soooo cool!
Look what you can make with this, awesome art!

Flowers and lacy trims are still very popular. But I did see more masculine hardware items added to pages such as keys, gears, clocks and more masculine charms. Of course metal trinkets in general are still a big thing.








Layering is really big, cutting out the designs from the paper and layering them on top of the layouts giving a paper tole look or just adding layers of different things to make your page, tag or banner 3D.




Another thing I thought was interesting was the use of glitter as an art medium with beautiful pieces done with stencils and mixing glitter with glue and art gel medium. I can't even describe how beautiful this looked.








The Tim Holtz Distress markers were a big hit as well as Ranger's new Stamping paper. 

And we can't forget the beautiful new paper lines from BoBunny, Authentique, My Mind's Eye, Kaiser Craft, Prima Marketing, Echo Park, Graphic 45, Karen Foster and more.

Tuesday night we did some shopping and had supper in Downtown Disney. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe where I was so enthralled by the scenery( thunder and lightening occurred every 20 min) it wouldn't have mattered if the food wasn't that good but it was delicious!


such a pretty bus stop

beautiful tree lined walk





On our final day in Anaheim we had to make one last trip to Disneyland and the California Adventure Park. At the end of the day we watched World of Color, sooo pretty!


Doesn't Tammy just look thrilled ;)

Veiw from the Ferris wheel

Gotta love these fashionable 3D glasses for the Toy Story ride

This ride was so fun. It was a shooting game where you played the person next to you. I won in points but Tammy was more accurate in her shooting.

Waiting for this awesome roller coaster, we went twice as well as the Tower of Terror :)

Stopping to have coffee and put up our feet

I had to go on this ride for my son, who used to be an avid fan and watched Star Wars almost every day. I loved the ride, I think he would like it too.

Anyone who knows me knows I love all things vintage and Victorian so this was the perfect place for me to eat.



World of Color



I hope you enjoyed sharing a bit of this trip with us. We had a wonderful time being inspired and entertained. Being warmed by the California sunshine and surrounded by beautiful palm trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment