Saturday, March 26, 2016

Would You Say This Is Dreary or Contemplative?

Recently I had the opportunity to dig out my paint and brushes and create some new paintings. It's funny that I let it go so long between sessions as once I get started I realize how much I enjoy it. Although sometimes what I want to paint and what actually gets put on the canvas can be two very different things. I can get frustrated that it's not turning out the way I want it to. The beauty of creating a finished piece of work is that no one knows what I wanted to accomplish so it all turns out good in the end. I've learned to live with this and move on for the most part.

Here are the two paintings I did last weekend. They are both untitled as of right now because that is not my area of expertise. If you can think of some creative titles for these two paintings let me know in the comments please and I will pick out my favorites!


12"x 12" Acrylic on stretched canvas


This one is only 4"x 5" big, just a bit bigger than my cell phone. Tiny paintings are fun to do, although I think it took longer to do than the bigger one, I'm not sure.

4"x 5" Acrylic on canvas board 

Compared to my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment