Tuesday, February 15, 2022

60 Projects in 2022- Project 2, New Hexagon Millefiori Hand Sewn English Paper Pieced Quilt, Blocks 1 and 2

 So several years ago I decided I wanted to do a whole quilt using English paper piecing. I came across this quilt along and absolutely loved it! The Quilt along is by Katja Marek and you can find more info on her website here. I'm not going to finish the whole quilt this year but I wanted to at least get all the blocks done. 


This is the book that has all the blocks (some are altered). 



The fabric I chose for this came from two fabric lines Ava Rose by Deena Rutter for Riley Blake and Sweet Marion by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass patterns for Moda. I had fat quarter stacks of these in my stash but purchased them back in 2017 for this project.



My first block was done a few years ago. I did post on Instagram but not here.










Block 1 finished

Block 2 is the one I finished this month.













It took me three weeks of working on this almost every evening so this is not a quick project and the reason why I'm not going to push myself to finish the quilting and binding of it this year (maybe not even joining the blocks but we will see). 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a very ambitious project, Jen! It's going to be gorgeous when it's finished! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take time for sure but it's so relaxing once I have all the pieces cut and ready to sew. Picking the fabric for each block is by far the hardest.

    ReplyDelete