Thursday, September 5, 2013

Mixed Media Layout

In this layout I have been practicing with mixed media so I'll run down a bit of what I did on this layout.`
-First I tore strips from the FabScraps paper and adhered it in the top left and bottom right corner. -Next I took cream paint and dry brushed over parts of the pattern paper to tone it down a bit.
-Let dry.
-I then used a chicken wire and circle medallion stencil, applied the gel medium over top in various places on the layout.
-Let dry.
-Khaki and Indian Corn were sprayed over the whole layout in random patches. Again dry.
-I painted the trinkets, flowers, crystals, and dry brushed the buttons in cream paint.
-Next I sprayed the crystals in Indian Corn mist (it blended too much into the layout in cream).
-For the script stamp I dipped it in paint (you must wash your stamp immediately after) and stamped randomly in the empty spaces.
-Last I adhered the embellishments, lace and photo on my page.



Products used
yellow/cream cardstock
black cardstock
Indian corn Glimmer Mist
Cream craft paint
Khaki Glimmer Mist
Black Kaiser Craft lace
Decorative buttons
Gel medium
Say It in Crystals- painted cream and misted in Indian Corn
Crafter's Workshop Stencils
FabScraps Paper- Classic Rhythm
FabScraps Paper- Trinkets
Color me Crazy white flowers, painted and misted
Stampin Up French Script background stamp
Spellbinders die for card

No comments:

Post a Comment