Tuesday, January 25, 2022

60 Projects in 2022? Am I crazy???

This year I decided to challenge myself and get projects out of their bins and completed! Looking at the list it seems a bit daunting but when I went through the projects to see what I was up against it really wasn't so bad. Most of the projects had very little left to do on them. Others were a little more involved but the amount of time I spend scrolling could be used to work on these projects. It really does seem doable. I decided I would blog about my progress for a bit of accountability and maybe it might inspire someone to get those projects done as well.

At first when I was challenged, I wondered "Do I really have that many unfinished projects?" Yes, I do and more, but I didn't look past 60. Those can be for next year.

The first thing I did was write down all the projects, both quilting and paper crafting, onto a numbered piece of paper. I then put those numbers in a cup that I will draw from when I complete a project. I look at the number on my sheet and that's my next project to complete. I wanted it to be random because I first listed all the quilting projects on the sheet, then the paper crafting ones so going in order I may not get to the paper crafting ones. My rule is to have all quilts quilted and bound and paper craft projects completely embellished, a few of the scrapbook albums will have to have pictures in them as they are my personal ones that are not for sale in my Etsy shop. The only project that does not require me to have quilted and bound is the New Hexagon Millefiori quilt I'm hand sewing, but I do want to have all the blocks done. Block two is the next project so stay tuned in for that. I will tell you more about that in my next post in this series.  




So, my first project was still fresh in my mind as I only started this one in November of last year. It's the free Moda Love Charm pattern you can find here. I love this pattern it comes in three versions using layer cakes, charm packs or mini charm packs and it's so fast to put together. I've made three tops of the charm pack version and finished two already. If you google it you will find so many different color combinations and they all look great!





These are just some of the variations there are: Moda Love Quilts


2 comments:

  1. Yes, you are crazy, Jen! lol What a great idea though! I can't wait to see you cross all the projects off your list. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that over half the year has gone by, I'm questioning the sanity of it all. But who knows, lol.

    ReplyDelete