Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Girly Valentine's Card- Tutorial

It feels good to get back to crafting in my craft room  although I will miss the fantastic large window views I had in the living room especially now that the deer have been walking across our yard almost every day. I'll also miss watching sunrises and sunsets while I craft.

 Anyways here is another Valentine's Day card I made. This year I am trying to challenge myself to use what I have and not run out and buy what I think I need. For the paper I dug really deep into my stash and found three different pink papers, two of which I think are from the very first paper I ever bought over 12 years ago. Also a while ago I made myself these cute supply challenge sticks with a punched scallop circle on top where I wrote different paper company names or general color way, embellishment categories, and technique mediums. So I randomly picked an embellishment stick and a technique stick ( I knew I wanted my paper to be pink and from old stash so I didn't pick a paper one) and came up with using my Stampin' wheel (which I hadn't used in years from Stampin' Up)  and die cuts. I did use some other things as well such as ribbon, lace, other stamps and embossing powder.



For the first step I cut my pink paper (the plainest) to 4"x 5.25", inked up my wheel with Versamark then starting on one side I rolled the wheel across my paper then trying to get as close to my stamping as possible rolled the wheel across again to cover the whole paper with pattern.


I used Ranger's Puffs white embossing powder to give a slightly raised design and then heat it with my heat tool. It's really cool because it puffs up as you heat it. 



While I still had my embossing powder out I stamped a doily image (My Mind's Eye "the Sweetest Thing" stamp set) onto a gingham pattern paper and cut it out around the edges. The Puffs embossing powder really gives the look and feel of real lace.


Next I adhered my background paper to my card base (5.5"x 8.5" scored @ 4.25 and folded).



I cut a off white piece of cardstock with a Spellbinder's die (Lattice Rectangles) and a heart out of a linen pattern pink paper (because I still haven't bought a heart punch, it forced me to use my electronic die cutting machine which is good since I paid good money for that thing, lol).



Attach the die cut rectangle to the upper right corner of the base leaving about a quarter inch from the top and right side of the pink background paper. Add a strip of lace to the bottom of the card.


Using 3D dots adhere to the back of doily cutout and attach to lower left corner of the card


I stapled some looped satin ribbon to the back of the heart and then attached it to the doily with 3D dots. Stamp your sentiment (mine was Happy Valentine's Day from Stampin' Up) to the rectangle in a matching ink and your card is done :)







1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for sharing your step-by-step! I really like the idea of your supply challenge sticks too!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete