Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Goals

I hope every one had a happy New Year, I'm excited because we get to start another new year with fresh ideas and goals. One of my goals is to blog more often (I'm sure many of you bloggers feel the same). I want to make my blog more interesting with more varied content, more crafting ideas, tips and tutorials. So having said that Mondays are always a day for me to get back on track, reorganize, put things back in order after the weekend and I've decided that Monday is going to be a day where I share the way I organize my stuff and hopefully it will helpful to someone out there. Tuesday's are a day I try to set aside for card making so I aim to make a card to show you. Wednesday, well I'm not sure but today I want to show you the project I've finished yesterday. Thursdays I work a full 8 hour day at my local scrapbook/quilting store so trying to get a project done when I'm tired is pretty hard, instead I will show you some of my favorite products that  I've purchased over time. Friday is my scrapbook day so I'll show you my latest project. And Saturday, because I want my Etsy store to do well I will have to do a little advertising, I'm not fond of advertising but it's one of those things that needs to be done. Maybe you'll find it interesting :) I can't promise that every day will have a post but my hope is to at least post more often and that by giving my blog a little more structured format I can plan my projects a little better.




This is a really quick easy project if you need to give a gift on short notice. To make these I measured a regular sticky note pad 3"x 3" and cut 2 pieces of chipboard 3 1/4"x 3 1/4" and 1 piece 1/2"x 3 1/4" to make the cover. I then took a piece of pattern paper 4 1/4"x 8 1/4", glued the chipboard pieces down on the wrong side of the paper in this order- big, small, big, leaving a 1/2" border around the outside and 1/8" in between each piece of chipboard. Trim corners, wrap and adhere edges to chipboard. glue a ribbon across the center (long way) leaving about 8" over on each end to make the tie. Glue a 3"x 7" piece of matching pattern paper to the inside cover hiding the ribbon finishing the cover. Gently fold the cover into a book. Glue down a sticky note pad to the right side of the cover. Tie closed and add a matching pen. Decorate the cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment